|COLONEL DOUGLAS J. SCHWARTZ|
Colonel Douglas J. Schwartz is Commander of the 927th Air Refueling Wing, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. He is responsible for the organization, training, equipping, and worldwide readiness of a combined reserve and civilian wing of approximately 840 people. The 927th Air Refueling Wing flies the KC-135R Stratotanker whose missions consist of in-flight air refueling, cargo and passenger airlift, aeromedical evacuation, and supporting contingencies and humanitarian operations around the world.
Colonel Schwartz is a 1980 graduate of Purdue University. He earned his commission through Officer Training School at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas in 1981. He has served in a variety of flying and command positions during his career in the Air Force and Air Force Reserve to include being Vice Commander of the 932nd Airlift Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill and Director of Staff, 4th Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
1980 Bachelors of Business Administration and Management, Purdue University
1985 Masters of Business Administration, Gonzaga University
1987 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2005 Air War College, by correspondence
1. January 1982 - December 1982, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. January 1983 - May 1983, Student, bomber pilot training, Castle AFB, Calif.
3. May 1983 - May 1984, B-52G Co-pilot, 325th Bombardment Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
4. May 1984 - April 1987, B-52G/H Instructor co-pilot, 325th Bombardment Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
5. April 1987 - August 1989, B-52H Aircraft Commander, 325th Bombardment Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash. (August 1989 - October 1992, inactive reserve)
6. October 1992 - February 1997, KC-135 pilot, 72nd Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom AFB, Ind.
7. February 1997 - May 1998, Flight Commander, 72nd Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom AFB, Ind.
8. May 1998 - September 2000, Assistant Chief Pilot, 72nd Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom AFB, Ind.
9. September 2000 - March 2004, Chief, Standardization Evaluation Division, 434th Operations Group, Grissom AFB, Ind.
10. March 2004 - November 2004, Deputy Commander, 434th Operations Group, Grissom AFB, Ind.
11. November 2004 - March 2007, Operations Officer, 74th Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom AFB, Ind.
12. March 2007 - May 2008, Commander, Detachment 1, 4th Air Force, MacDill AFB, Fla.
13. May 2008 - March 2010, Commander, 927th Operations Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
14. March 2010 - October 2011, Vice Commander, 932nd Airlift Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. October 2011 - January 2013, Director of Staff, 4th Air Force, March ARB, Calif.
16. January - 2013 to present, Commander, 927th Air Refueling Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight Hours: More than 4,100
Aircraft flown: B-52G, B-52H, KC-135R, KC-135T, C-40C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement
Combat Readiness Medal with six oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Medal
Air & Space Campaign Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air Force Longevity Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with one "M" Device
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 3, 1981
First Lieutenant Dec. 3, 1983
Captain Dec. 3, 1985
Major Dec. 3, 1995
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 12, 2002
Colonel March 4, 2007
(Current as of January 2013)