Chief Master Sergeant Michael A. Klausutis is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 927th Air Refueling Wing, MacDill AFB, FL. He advises the Commander on all enlisted matters pertaining to health, morale and leadership for the effective utilization of enlisted forces in the execution of the wing's worldwide air mobility mission. The 927th Air Refueling Wing flies the KC-135R Stratotanker whose missions consist of in-flight air refueling, cargo and passenger airlift, aeromedical evacuation, and supporting contingencies and humanitarian operations around the world.
Chief Klausutis entered the Air Force in 1988 as an Aircraft Armament Systems Specialist. In 1992 Chief Klausutis transferred to the reserve as an AC-130A Spectre Aerial Gunner. Chief KIausutis subsequently retrained as an Airborne Mission Systems Specialist (AMSS) serving in both the MC-130E Combat Talon and MC-130P Combat Shadow. Chief Klausutis has served as Wing Airborne Communications Planner, aircrew instructor and evaluator, Operations Group Standardization and Evaluation, Superintendent, and Command Chief. Prior to his current assignment Chief Klausutis served as Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Special Operations Air Warfare Center, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Florida overseeing irregular warfare missions as well as mission qualification training for AC-130H/U/W, MC-130H/P, MQ-1/MQ-9, PC-12/U-28, C-145, C-146, and Combat Aviation Advisors.
1993 USAF NCO Orientation Course, by correspondence
1994 Associate of Science in Accounting and Finance, Northwest Florida State College, Niceville, Fla.
1996 Bachelor of Arts in History, University of West Florida, Pensacola, Fla.
1996 Joint Special Operations Command Communications Course, Ft. Bragg, N.C.
1997 USAF NCO Academy, by correspondence
2003 USAF Senior NCO Academy, by correspondence
2004 Contingency and War Planners Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Joint Operations Commander and Staff Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 OPM Crisis Management Workshop, University of Maryland
2009 AFRC Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2009 USAF Command Chief Master Sergeant Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2010 AFRC Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Leadership Development Course, Patrick AFB, Fla.
2011 Associate of Science Degree in Information Management Systems, Community College of the Air Force.
2013 Air Force Forces Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2013 USAF Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, NC.
2015 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Flight Hours: More than 3,190 hours including 670 in combat.
Aircraft Flown: AC-130A, HC-130N/P, C-130H, MH-53J, C-130E, MC-130P, MC-130E
1. October 1988 - May 1992, B-52G Aircraft Armament Systems Specialist, 42nd Bombardment Wing, Loring AFB, Maine
2. May 1992 - September 1995, AC-130A Aerial gunner, 711th Special Operations Squadron, Duke Field, Fla.
3. October 1995 - May 1996, MC-130P Airborne Mission Systems Specialist, 5th Special Operations Squadron, Duke Field, Fla.
4. May 1996 - June 2005, NCOIC Operations Plans Flight, MC-130E/P Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Instructor, 919th Operations Support Squadron, Duke Field, Fla.
5. June 2005 - December 2008, MC-130E Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Evaluator, 919th Operations Group, Duke Field, Fla.
6. December 2008 - April 2009, MC-130E Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Superintendant, 711th Special Operations Squadron, Duke Field, Fla.
7. April 2009 - February 2013, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 919th Special Operations Wing, Duke Field, Fla.
8. February 2013 - April 2014, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Special Operations Air Warfare Center, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
9. May 2014 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 927th Air Refueling Wing, MacDill Air Force Base, FL.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Distinguished Flying Cross with "V" device
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Gallant Unit Citation
Meritorious Unit Award
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with three campaign stars
Iraq Campaign Medal with one campaign star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Civilian Exemplary Service Award
919th Special Operations Wing NCO of the Year 1996
Brigadier General Ross G. Hoyt Award 2003
Lieutenant General William H. Tunner Award 2010
Brigadier General Ross G. Hoyt Award 2010
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION:
1 May 2009
(Current as of July 2015)